Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Time for Reflection

During this process I have come to conclude that a great deal more study on my behalf, concerning both Christian theology and apologetics, is needed before I can really continue with the project set before me. This is not to assume that I have little or no grasp of my own beliefs, for indeed this is not the case, but rather, I believe that if I am to do justice to any defense of Christianity, I must ensure that I understand not just the basics of my faith, but the deep things as well. Consequently, over an indefinite period of time, I will be doing further research in the areas listed above, while also engaging in some oral interviews so as to further develop the historical side of the project. Thus, the postings you will see, are, and will be, my own thoughts and contemplations upon the word of God, and the deeper meaning of His word.

As always, I will take comments, but please understand that what is posted is not intended to be taken as my final word on my beliefs, or even my final understanding of them. At present, I am evaluating Wayne Grudem's book "Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine, but I am still in need of a good apologetics. Presently, the only apologetics I have are The Case for Christ, by Strobel, and a piece written by Josh McDowell, and, of course, C.S.Lewis Mere Christianity. If anyone knows of a great apologetics, please leave me a comment.

It sates in Mark 12: 28-30 that I am to "Love the Lord our God with all your Heart, all your Soul, and all your Mind. " That is my goal, to love him with all my mind. I am going to try and accomplish this by better understanding his word, its meaning, and its personal and larger applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment